In my third year of living location independent. Splitting my time between running business as usual, a few different personal projects, client projects and while I struggle to finish my book, Integrate. Excited to have started into disciplined writing mode this month with new routines and a mastermind group for accountability. Exploring Lisbon and surrounding area in Portugal. Excited to book more speaking gigs in Lisbon. Cooking up a storm like a proper European grandma for my three housemates. Will be headed to Eastern Europe for September and Thailand in October.
Living in Lisbon, Portugal from June - August 2017
- Why asynchronous messaging beats real time messaging every time
- Sisters are doing it for themselves: the retired women who built their own community
- 6 Small Changes to Your Morning Routine Will Transform Your Entire Day
- Controversial new theory suggests life wasn't a fluke of biology — it was physics
- 100 Street Artists Painted a Paris Dorm and the Results Were Mind-Blowing
- I didn’t give myself a trophy: the first in a series making the case for Millennials
- The Restless Traveler’s Office by Tomas Laurinavicius (STANDapart gets a mention, yay!)
- 15 types of difficult clients and how to handle them effectively
- Why Barcelona Is Actively Trying to Push Away Tourists
- Amazon launches Spark, a shoppable feed of stories and photos aimed at Prime members
- Working out of LINNK Innovation Kluster's offices
- STANDapart's laptop stands have listed on Amazon this week!
- Consulting on a brand for an independent story studio
- Releasing my weekly newsletter Present Tense
- Celebrating interview in Forbes "Creative Polymath Patricia Parkinson Shares 5 Books You Need To Read"
- Rolling out Q3 social media schedule and content (x6)
- Supporting the design of a branded Amazon haberdashery product packaging
- Supporting Rackett's digital presence for single release (Prey) and EP launch tour
- Participating in two new mastermind groups: book writing + healthy digital presence
- Available for freelance projects and consulting
Discovered via Eszther Papp
The Man in the Glass
When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.
For it isn’t your father, or mother, or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.
He’s the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he’s with you, clear to the end
And you’ve passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.
You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.